Saturday, December 14, 2013

HIS WOUNDED LIGHT (TLITW #2) by Christine Brae





Title: His Wounded Light
Author: Christine Brae
Published: Dec 10th, 2013
Hosted by: The Book Avenue






The perfect life.

The perfect marriage.

The jilted lover.

Their worlds collide.

Fate intervenes twelve years later and their paths intersect once again. All three will question whether the heart is truly capable of dividing and being divided; each will decide whether it matters who you loved first or who you love last.

Together they will learn that in the end, there can always only be one.



“Baby, remember that project that I'm working on with my dad? In Hong Kong? I have to be there for about two months. I plan to fly back on weekends.”
She tries to remain impassive but her tone doesn’t hide the concern in her voice. “Okay. Hold on. I'll work with Penny on the events—I'm not worried, I can wear one or two of the gowns I just picked up this week and Penny will let me know whether it’s local or international.  Let's talk about that more when we get home.” She sighs and reaches for my hand as she continues, “Flying home every weekend is not only too risky to me, but more importantly, I might not make it being that far away from you for that long.” She puts on a pout and leans over to kiss me.
My wife has become quite an expert at representing the right image on these occasions. International means she wears clothes made by a local designer. Local means she can wear whatever she fancies from the fashion houses in Europe.
“Too risky? As in accident risky? Contracting a contagious disease risky? What?” I ask lightly.
“Too hard to explain. Please just let me plan this out.”
“I love this new you. The ‘I can't live without Alex’ you.”  I nibble on her ear as I lower her down on the seat against the wall of the booth. She moans and opens up her legs as I snake my hand up her dress. “Oh God. Here we go again. Isa, seriously? Why do you even bother to wear one?” My fingers skim across her barely-there thong underwear that give me complete access to her smooth, silky skin. And everything else inside it.
“I thought I'd make it easy for you all night,” she says, her voice low and sensual.
I'm told public loving isn't such a big deal here.”

“I'm starting now. Then I'm finishing up inside of you sometime in the next hour or so.”


REVIEW

The Light in the Wound / His Wounded Light by Christine Brae

The Light in the Wound

*I received an ARC for my honest review*

Young Isabel Amarra and her sisters were raised in a troubled family. Her parents marriage and subsequent divorce really have an effect on her and her future. She has two loves in her life. One won’t commit, the other waits in the wings. Wait should she do?

Christine Brae has touched on so many different emotions with this novel that I sit and think about her characters and their situations. I feel the anxiety, happiness and sadness that they feel. She really makes me feel like I am part of the story. I’m not just reading a story, I am living it.

I cannot wait to read more stories by Christine Brae. This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a love story. 5 BIG stars for this one.



His Wounded Light

*I received an ARC for my honest review*

In the continuation of The Light in the Wound, we revisit the characters of Isabel, Alex and Jesse. Many years have past, but the same emotional connection is there. This time, the story is not told only by Isabel, but from Alex and Jesse themselves.

Christine Brae has hit this one out of the park. Not only has she captured the same feelings left behind in book one but she has expounded upon it. Taking us into the hearts and minds of Alex and Jesse was an incredible plan.

The emotions have me going from one extreme to another. Kudos to Christine Brae for yet another great novel. Again, 5 HUGE stars for this one.









WHAT'S NEXT FOR CHRISTINE BRAE?




 Christine Brae is a full time career woman who thought she could write a book about her life and then run away as far as possible from it. She never imagined that her words would touch the hearts of so many women with the same story to tell. This is her second and final book in the Light in the Wound series. Her third book is scheduled to come out in late 2014.

When not listening to the voices in her head or spending late nights at the office, Christine can be seen shopping for shoes and purses, running a half marathon or spending time with her husband and three children in Chicago




OTHER WORKS OF CHRISTINE BRAE

No comments:

Post a Comment